Programming Altera MAX 7000E

I came across a small surplus of Altera MAX 7000Es. On Altera's website I found information about how to program the Altera MAX 7000S. Is programming the MAX 7000E the same or does it require special equipment?

Thanks, Derek Simmons

Reply to
Derek Simmons

Derek, The key difference is that MAX 7000S devices are in-system-programmable, whereas MAX 7000E devices are programmed in a programming unit. Altera has the "Altera Programming Unit" and the "Altera Stand-Alone Programmer" which plug into a PC for programming these devices. An adapter plugs into these programmers and then accepts the devices for programming. For example, if you are programming an EPM7128E in an 84-pin PLCC package, you would use the PLMJ7000-84 adapter. For software you can use the MAX+PLUS II Programmer which comes with the programming unit. Generally we would recommend Quartus II, but it does not program these older MAX 7000E devices.

For more details, please look at the "Altera Programming Hardware Data Sheet" on

Sincerely, Greg Steinke Altera Corporation snipped-for-privacy@altera.com

Reply to
Greg Steinke