Problems with Quartus 2 v4 under Linux

Hello,

I have installed the latest Quartus version for Linux, applied the service pack 1 and still have problem with it: as soon as I want to edit my VHDL top design file, Quartus crashes with no error message. I have removed all the accentuated letters but it did not resolved the problem. I am running a RedHat 9, I know it is not officialy supported but Altera did modify the scripts to include the magic LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable to make it run.

I can compile the design, simulate it but not editing it!

Any clue? Thanks.

--
Stéphane ACOUNIS

"Oh le beau mur, il faut qu'je freine!" Ayrton Sega
Reply to
Stéphane Acounis

service

VHDL

the

Altera

variable to

I don't know specifically, but there's a couple of things you might try.

Firstly run strace, e.g.

strace quartus

and it will show what is being executed by the program when it crashes.

Secondly, as you mention accented letters, have you tried setting the system language to "C"? You can do this by editing

/etc/sysconfig/i18n to contain LANG=C

Good luck!

Alan

--
Alan Fitch
Consultant

Le Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:31:57 +0100, Alan Fitch a écrit :

I will try this when I will reinstall it! It only crashes with the text editor not when compiling or simulating.

It is already done by the qenv script when Quartus is launched. Beside this, I have replaced all the accented letters and it still crashed.

If no one else experiences the same problem, I guess that my setup is wrong and I will have to find out what I have done bad.

Thanks for your help.