eZ80 ethernet help

Hi there, I'm new to the board but have been assigned a tight deadline to complete a project. I need to be able to set up the board to do data aquisition in promiscuous mode on the ethernet, yet I can't figure out how to access the MAC layer. I found a header file (ether.h) that has a turn on promiscuous mode macro definition, but I don't know where or how I would use this, actually where I would use the ether.h file at all. It appears also that the MAC layer is in a precompiled library (emac.lib) and I don't have access to the source code. I emailed zilog and they told me to change the ethernet card driver, but I don't think thats what I need. Any help or suggestions? I'm just an intern here but this project is an important one, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (Also, I'm using ZTP

1.3.0, but I can use ZTP 1.2.1 if I needed to for any reason)

-Greg

Reply to
Greg

You don't have to replace entire lib, you can just "overwrite" a function from lib by having same function name and declaration in your source code. ZDS will link with that rather then what's in lib. Also source file name needs to be the same as original (I think). Then you can take receiver function from Ethernet driver source code (I think it's downloadable from zilog site) and add your own processing of packets as desired. Remember that Promiscuous mode will only be useful on hubs.

Maciek.

Reply to
Maciej Sawicki