PCB Software....

Hi All,

I am developing a board using Virtex FPGA. Right now i am using Protel, but i am not being able to use the "Equilize net lenghts" nor the auto-route. I wonder if there is any software better than protel to develop pcb boards. Does any one know which software xilinx use??

Tanks

Reply to
henrique.portela

Both features can be considered experimental. There are other packages, not to be considered bargain packages such as protel that are able to do this. Are you sure you want to learn it price ?

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

"Rene Tschaggelar" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:433d7fe4$0$1150$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunrise.ch...

And beside, the automatic "Equalize net lenght" in other REALLY expensive EDA packages (lets say from vendor "M") isnt that usefull at all. Best results with minimum trouble is to use a half-automatic tool (such a thing that displays the actual netlength in real time while you move the traces). Been there, done that.

Regards Falk

Reply to
Falk Brunner

Can you give me examples of software with that feature?

Reply to
henrique.portela

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

As I said, vendor "M" (aka Mentor Graphics) has this feature. But the packages are REALLY expensive. I dont know about other (mortal price) software with this feature.

Regards Falk

Reply to
Falk Brunner

Which tools form vendor M ?? Does Pads have that feature?

Reply to
henrique.portela

Hi, Orcad has these features? You think which is better Orcad or PADS? (why)

Reply to
icegray

I think if you are using Protel then stick with it.. the Auto-router has always sucked but if you are half pie any good.. then it should be a breeze to do a Xilinx.. I know.. I have done a half dozen boards in the last two years .. all with BGA Xilinxs.

I would even worry about the equalize net lengths.. unless you are planning on running 300 MHz+ .. but then no auto-router will work for you unless you have a stray $100k to spare.... in which case I'll do the board for $50k and in Protel :-)

Simon

Reply to
Simon Peacock