parallel optic availability

Slightly off-topic post:

I am looking for parallel optic (12-way) transmitter and receiver at ~2.7Gbps, to use with xilinx Rocket IO. Several companies have them on their web sites (Agilent, Infineon, emcore, Picolight, Zarlink), but none of them really sell them, at least in small quantities. They don't even answer to calls and emails. Anybody knows the trick to get them other than faking my email as @cisco.com ?

--
Tullio Grassi
Reply to

"Tullio Grassi" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@lxplus064.cern.ch...

Why do you want to use parallel optics? Why not using one single transmitter. Fibre Channel II reaches 2.something Gbit/s, if this is a lab setup it might be possible to overclock them. Some also offer 2.5 Gbit/s. And finally there are 4 Gbit/S Fibre Channel Tranceiers. Or use two Gigabit tranceivers (1.25 Gbit/s) in parallel with slightly overclocking. These tranceivers are cheap and easily availible (~$50).

Regards Falk

Reply to
Falk Brunner

the parallel optics modules that I mentioned handle 12 x 2.7Gb/s = 32.4 Gb/s. For example Agilent HFBR-779B. I need some 6 of these modules per board. Using individual transceivers become a pain in the neck (that is actually what we have done so far with a smaller scale project). Going above 3.125 Gb/s on a single link is complicate because require the RocketIO X that are less available, and I prefere to avoid extreme S.I. problems...

Tullio

Reply to
Tullio Grassi

these optic modules (12x and 4+4) are available from agilent and zarlink. Infineon has stopped production of paoli. I do not know emcore or picolight.

-Franklin

Reply to
Franklin