opendous-jtag support for independent USB drivers for JTAG/Impact/Chipscope?

Hi,

Probably most Linux users working with Xilinx tools use the excellent drivers written by Michael Gernoth and available at

I'm looking for a way to embed the whole USBJTAG converter into device, so design should cheap and efficient.

Last time I started to use them with FT2232H chip connected directly to the JTAG pins of FPGA. The result were acceptable, but speed was quite low. I think, that significant improvement could be achieved by using CPU driven JTAG hardware instead of FT2232H - e.g. the opendous-jtag

As the drivers are open source, it should be possible to add support to opendous-jtag (maybe with slightly modified firmware). Before I start to do it myself - has anybody tried to do it before? Any hints, pitfalls?

-- TIA & Regards, Wojtek Zabolotny

Reply to
wzab