opb_emc_v1_10_b

Hi all ,

Is there any place where I can download opb emc 1.10.b as my lates EDK istallation doesnt have it?

BR Rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic

What version of EDK are you using? opb emc 1.10.b is still in 9.1, but it has been deprecated for a while and EDK does not show deprecated cores by default.

You can have EDK show deprecated cores by going to Edit->Preferences-

IP Cores in IP Catalog check box.

If it really is not there, you can download older versions of Xilinx software from the electronic fulfillment center if you have registered for it.

Regards,

John McCaskill

John McCaskill

Catalog and IP Config Dialog and checking the Display Deprecated

Hi John ,

I am on 9.2i and for some reason emc 1.10.b has been removed. And it is a problem for us as all our reference desgins are based on it. There is enough work to move to 2.00.a to justify me looking for

1.10.b.

about the electronic fufillment center , we have bought EDK software from avnet , does it still mean we can use electonic fullfilment center?

BR Rate

Reply to
ratemonotonic

Catalog and IP Config Dialog and checking the Display Deprecated

We bought our software through Avnet as well. More info about the electronic fulfillment center is at:

Have you used previous versions of EDK? If so, you can just copy the core from an older version of EDK, which is what I was suggesting that you get from the fulfillment center. The cores that come with EDK are located in: $EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores.

Are the reference designs you mention your designs for your product, or are they designs that came with something you bought?

I have been using the opb_emc_v2_00_a since from the start for our current products so I did not have to upgrade. What sort of problems does it present? opb_emc_v2_00_a has been around since at least 6.3.2 which is also when v1_10_b was deprecated, so it does not surprise me that Xilinx finally dropped v1_10_b from their distribution.

Regards,

John McCaskill

John McCaskill

Thanks so much for helping me our .It is a Avnet evaluation board called the spartan 3 mini module with an external ethernet mac/phy chip which is interfaced with uBlaze with emc 1.10.b, in demo projects, as it is not present in the repository , the project doesnt open. I tried to replace it with 2.00.a(matching the settings) but it doesnt work I dont have a clue what the problem is , so i thought to source 1.10.b to get a base system working.

no I havent this is my first project with xilinx tools and boy what a ride! My repository ($EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores) definately doesnt have it.

I just wish there is a simple way to get this IP. I will register my software at the fulfillment center and see if i get access to the IP core. Cause right now I only get access to ISE 9.2 evaluations.

Reply to
ratemonotonic