Newbie question -fanout of iopins in fpga

what is the fanout of the IOpins in Virtex2 to devices

thanks and regards vivek

Reply to
vivek

The details are in the data sheet. It depends upon which IO standard you are using.

I haven't seen the term "fanout" in data sheets for a long time. It doesn't really make much sense with modern logic.

CMOS has almost 0 load current so you can drive hundreds of loads if you don't care about speed. The data sheet will give you the switching times for a specified load capacitance. If you have more capacitance it takes longer.

Hal Murray

Though, you have to care for input rise and fall time requirements of the attached receivers.

Regards, Mario

Reply to
Mario Trams