Make file ...........Help Please

Hi Fellows,

How can I synthesize multiple file one by one using xilinx compiler in MAKEFILE script. I have done using only one file but when I enter multiple files in "VHDL= ....." field thenI get the following error.

make: *** No rule to make target `VIR3.vhd,VIR3_1.vhd,VIR3_2.vhd

Rgds

MACEI

Reply to
MACEI'S

Well, you should definitely get the makefile hand book - it has to many options ...

But, to summarize, you probably want something like this:

VHDL=VIR3.vhd VIR3_1.vhd VIR3_2.vhd # no commas !

$(VHDL): synthesis_command $@

replace "synthesis command" with the name of your synthesis tool. The "$@" will be automatically replaced with the vhdl file names.

Regards, rudi

--- Solutions for your ASIC/FPGA needs ---

----------------- FPGAs * Full Custom ICs * IP Cores --- FREE IP Cores -->

Rudolf Usselmann