Linux.

Xilinx and Altera have free downloadable design software available for their range of FPGAs, the problem is that it requires Windows. I have searched for free design software for Linux but can't find any. Both Xilinx and Altera sell software for Linux but I can't find the free software like that available for Windows.

Are there any FPGA vendors out there that provide free design software for Linux?

Why do Altera and Xilinx offer free software for Windows but not for Linux? Maybe free software is available and I haven't found it yet.

Regards Andrew

Reply to
andre

"andrewrogerstechcouk rogerstech co uk >"

Reply to
David Brown

At least some versions of Xilinx WebPACK work with at least some versions of WINE on Linux x86. Doesn't support all devices, but enough to be interesting.

- Larry

Reply to
Larry Doolittle

Hi Larry,

I've used a considerable amount of your Linux build work on the Bright Star Engineering nanoEngine... sad to say it's now gone end of life....

anway... care to elaborate on which versions of of the Xilinx WebPACK work with WINE?

Thanks man!

Best Regards,

Edwin Bland

Reply to
Edwin Bland

Edwin Bland wrote: : Hi Larry,

: I've used a considerable amount of your Linux build work on the Bright Star : Engineering nanoEngine... sad to say it's now gone end of life....

: anway... care to elaborate on which versions of of the Xilinx WebPACK work

Try Webpack 6.2 with a recent CVS Wine

latest tagged build (040615) has some problems. It works more reliable with a native msvcrt, however Xilinx still doesn't manage to distribute MSVCRT with it's Webpack setup, although msvcrt is redistributable and a Webcase for that problem was opened some time ago.

Bye

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes