JTAG Loader tools won't execute

I just wanted to try the JTAG Loader tools provided with PicoBlaze and I cannot run neither hex2svf.exe, nor hex2svfsetup.exe. I get "The system cannot execute the specified program" message in the Windows XP Command Prompt. Am I missing something here? Has anybody been able to run these tools and program the instruction ROM via JTAG?

Thanks,

Reply to
mludwig

they do work check if maybe some DLL are missing

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Hmmm, no mention of required libraries in the user guide. Do these tools need Xilinx ISE? I have 9.1SP3 webpack installed.

Reply to
mludwig

maybe some cygwin libs missing? you can always use "showdep" to see why winxp programs dont start

google "windows showdep" .... first hit,or direct

Antti

Reply to
Antti

direct

Thanks for your help. In the mean time I discovered that the long directory path of the executable was the culprit. Relocated it closer to the root and voila, it works.

Reply to
mludwig

direct

Sorry, I have one more question. Have you used pBlazIDE to write the code for PicoBlaze and, if yes, have you been able to get pBlazIDE to generate the hex file you need for JTAG Loader?

Reply to
mludwig