JTAG chain detects Xilinx FPGA XCV150 instead of XC2S150...

Hi members,

I developed a Spartan-II (xc2s150-5pq208) based card. I also installed Xilinx Flash (xcf01s) there. Unfortunately when I detect these chips through JTAG, I found Xilinx Virtex (XCV150) device instead of Spartan- II (XC2S150). Rest of all is fine..

I have already done the following..

  1. Supplies are proper.. VCCO is 3.27V and VCCINT is 2.5V
  2. Decoupling capacitors are there.. 0.1uF, 0.01uF (with most of power pins) and 47uF (with most of IO banks)

Please anyone guide me... where is the mistake..?

I am so grateful to you.

Regards, Mir

Reply to
Mir

It's a known issue with Spartan-II. Simply ignore. It will work just fine.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

Thanks Mikhail,

You are right. It is working fine. Actually I am going to develop some commercial product that's why I am conscious about device ID..

I understand from your kind reply that there is only issue in particular Spartan-II chip. Will you suggest me that I should replace Spartan-II chip with new one..?

Regards, Mir

Reply to
Mir

It's not a fault with that particular part. It's also not a bug. There is nothing wrong.

The two devices return the same ID, that is all. The Spartan parts are closely related to their Virtex parents, that is all.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Thanks dear memebers for giving such a nice support..

Regards, Mir

Allan Herriman wrote:

Reply to
Mir