ispDesignExpert available for download anywhere ?

Folks,

Is ispDesignExpert available for download anywhere these days ?

Thanks for any help !

-rajeev-

Reply to
Rajeev

Rajeev,

I'm afraid this product is no longer available for download, but maybe someone still has it on his/her PC. I assume this version is needed to compile an old project, with a mature device. You can use ispLEVER in this case (I have to maintain old projects).

Therefore, click on the device selector (or double click on a device in a project), on bottom right you can check 'show obsolete devices'. Now you will be able to maintain an older project.

Success,

Luc

Reply to
lb.edc

Luc,

Thanks for your resp> Rajeev,

Believe it or not, it's for a new design. I need a small amount of logic to implement a simple state machine (2 machines, 4 states each). Since there is no programmable logic anywhere else in the system, I'm reluctant to install learn and maintain heavyweight tools such as ISE Webpack. Also I have 5V but not yet 3.3V so using an older device makes sense. I'm also strapped for cash at the moment, and ispDesignExpert would as I understand be no charge.

I will look into this. (I'm also considering resurrecting PALASM).

Thanks !

-rajeev-

Reply to
Rajeev

Hi Rajeev,

ispLEVER starter version is also free of charge - so no problem there. As for the 5V tolerance, you can use the MACH4A5. This family starts from 32MC's up to 256MC's. Maybe an ispGAL22V10 can do the job for you as well. Gives you isp, so no need for a programmer!

Regards,

Luc

Reply to
lb.edc

Luc,

That's very helpful, I think you made the sale ;-) And the MACH 4A5 looks good, I'm glad the quiescent current is lower than the 16V8 22V10 devices. It took me a while to find them available in distribution, mostly because they're called M4A5 not MACH 4A5. I also wondered about there being both a TQFP44 and TQFP48 package, but I get it now I see the pad spacing is different.

Thanks much !

-rajeev-

snipped-for-privacy@telenet.be wrote:

Reply to