ISE 8.2 & XC9500XL family

Hello,

as many people over this world, I have a problem. The problem is the connection beetween a CPLD and the WEBPACK ISE 8.2.03 software. Simptoms like very static: I have an Parallel Cable III, the ISE software, and a XC9500XL family CPLD. The Impact cannot recognise the CPLD, for example a simple XC95144XL showed five unknown device in the JTAG chain on automatic JTAG chain initialize. I' has been tried to add the device manually, but there is not accepted as a result, because Impact answers unknown device ID. I'm told each family because tried with xc9536XL, simptoms are same. The cable is OK, I using it to program other devices (for example, XC3S400) on everyday. On software side, tried an older software (Xilinx Foundation 4) to program these devices, that programs all without problems.

The question is what is the problem with ISE 8.2.03 ???

Reply to
Jozsef

Jozsef schrieb:

Hi

I have not tried XC95xx programming with ISE 8.x but the CPLD fitter for XC95xx is badly broken so I cant use 8.x tools anyway -

wait - i have ML501 board and impact DOES reconize XC95144XL in te chain ok, so jtag programming shoud work with 8.x

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Your symptoms suggest a JTAG chain problem and could be reflections on the chain, poor power supply to JTAG head, poor head connections, pickup of noise on JTAG. If you are using the flying lead set normally attached to Cable III head do check the connectors of lead set. These have a habit breaking eventually. Also check if the TDO line out of the XC95144XL needs a pullup to operate correctly and it's value. Some parts do and some don't.

John Adair Enterpo> Hello,

Reply to
John Adair

Hey, programming hardvare is same on each attempt. Using euro connectors (JTAG connected to it for testing puuposes) . The difference between successfull and error message is the software only....

John Adair =EDrta:

Reply to
Jozsef