ISE 10.1 XST runs in background?

Hi,

I installed ISE 10.1 the other day and just tried it out for the first time this morning. I run my synthesis jobs on a Linux x86_64 machine and use home-made make scripts to manage the build process. I noticed that my make process completed too quickly, but that XST (the first part of the build pipeline) was still running in the background. Is there some reason that XST pushes itself into the background now?

Whatever the reason for this, it appears that I'll have to update my Makefiles to stop and wait for XST before proceeding with the rest of the build pipeline. Nuisance.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Eric

Reply to
emeb

BZZT - ignore this. I was running the Make job in a different shell and everything seems to be working fine.

Eric

(hangs head in shame, shuffles back into shadows)

Reply to
emeb