Using the XUP Virtex-II Pro with EDK 6.3 => errors during platform level signal connect.

I've just started to use the XUP Virtex-II Pro, but I hit a problem I can't seem to solve or circumvent:

I'm using EDK 6.3, and when I generate a system containing DDR in XPS, I get the following errors during compile time:

Constructing platform-level signal connectivity ... ERROR:MDT - pgassign1 - assign index is out of VEC range, [0:1] ERROR:MDT - pgassign1 - assign index is out of VEC range, [0:1] ERROR:MDT - pgassign2 - assign index is out of VEC range, [0:1] Completion time: 13.00 seconds ERROR:MDT - platgen failed with errors! make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2 Done.

It seems the system has a problem creating the top-level connections. I have no idea how to "fix" this. I haven't changed any settings after generation.

As far as I know, the PGassign signals are "temporaty" signals created by XPS when merging nets (for example, to merge the clock inputs of the DDR memory with padding '0' signals). But I'm not sure about this.

Anyone know what to do?

Thank you in advance!

Reply to
zoinks

According to the XUPV2P website, the latest EDK Base System Builder support files require EDK v7.1 with SP2 and ISE v7.1 with SP3:

I've used these versions several times to successfully build XUPV2P systems with DDR.

Paul

" snipped-for-privacy@mytrashmail.com" wrote:

Reply to
Paul Hartke

Thank you for your reply. I guess I have no choice but to upgrade to the newest EDK/ISE.

I wanted to avoid this since I do not have time to reconfigure eveything, and to iron out all the bugs created by the conversion :)

Reply to
zoinks