Interfacing second bram port to user logic?

Hi all,

I'm working on a Virtex-4 FX Design with a custom logic fabric and a PowerPC Core containing a dual port BRAM block. The CPU with software application and BRAM block was created with XPS, then the XPS submodule is imported in my ISE Design as system_stub.vhd. The Top-Level is a Schematic, there i added the other user-specific vhdl-moduls as symbols and of course the system_stub symbol. With a simple C Application i get access to the bram and can read and write data to an from. The next step is to get access to the second port of this bram via my vhdl logic. How can i do this? How can i connect in XPS System Assembly the second BRAM port to external ports? Is it possible to get in ISE TopLevel a system_stub schematic with the additonal ports of BRAM like Adresses, Data, RST, Clk, WEN? Is there another usual way to solve my problems?

Every response would be appreciated. Mack

Reply to
Mack

Mack schrieb:

you need to create small simple wrapper-gateway IP core that connectst to BRAM and simply exports the BRAM signals then you can use the BRAM from ISE toplevel as well.

there is no built in standard way of doing this ASFAIK

Antti

Reply to
Antti

*Probably*, if you intantiate only an lmb_if_ram_controller, connected to (for instance) port A of a bram, then all you have to do is in "ports" view of System Assembly, click on "connectio-Filters", check "All". The, under your BRAM you will have access to all port B. Assign signal names to all signals, and them make them external. There you are.

Zara

Reply to
Zara

Zara schrieb:

hi thanks!

sometime easy things in EDK are not so easy, I never tried the port filter thing !!!

Antti

Reply to
Antti

You can also do this directly in the .mhs file. Just look at the .mpd file for the bram block and you will find the port names for the second port. Now just add them to the .mhs for the bram block, add your external ports and connect them to the bram signals This is what the port filter thing allows you to do but in the GUI instead.

Göran

Reply to
Göran Bilski

Zara schrieb:

Zara, thanks a lot. That's exactly what I'm looking for...

Mack

Reply to
Mack