For God's sake !! It did not work at all !!!

Hello buddies,

I loved surely all of you have written herein and hence, I would like to thank everyone of you. BUT, I am an ongoing process of trail and error with such a trouble. So, my WebPACK 9.2i updated on the process generate programming file, at Configure Device IMPACT, I got a couple of sad warnings came out and these are as follows

Process "Configure Device (iMPACT)" completed successfully // *** BATCH CMD : setMode -bs // *** BATCH CMD : setMode -bs GUI --- Auto connect to cable... // *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port auto AutoDetecting cable. Please wait. PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport0). Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic. WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648. Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport1). Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic. WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648. Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport2). Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic. WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648. Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport3). Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic. WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648. Cable connection failed. Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21). Checking cable driver. Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic. WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648. Cable connection failed. PROGRESS_END - End Operation. Elapsed time = 0 sec. Cable autodetection failed. WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !// *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port ttyS0 -baud -1 Reusing A0018001 key. Reusing 24018001 key. Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21). Checking cable driver. Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic. WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648. Cable connection failed.

Till now, I have ever updated xusbdfwu.hex file to 1025 one and nothing happened !! I got this from my lsmod,

awallon@AWALLON:~/Documents/SOFTWAREs/XILINX$ lsmod | grep par parport_pc 41896 0 parport 44172 3 ppdev,parport_pc,lp

I compiled usb-driver without any trouble !! I was just great at that time !! lol Ohh, we are talking about a Ubuntu x86_64 SO so far.

Another basic message, awallon@AWALLON:~/Documents/SOFTWAREs/XILINX$ lsusb Bus 007 Device 002: ID 03fd:0008 Xilinx, Inc.

And to finish, I window titled like Cable Communication Setup appers whem I click with right button. So, inside of it, I set the Communication Mode to Xilinx USB Cable and also the Port to usb1 which appers. I believed all of this procedures could make me happy but unfortunately I didn't !!!

Well, after lots of nightmares with windrvr6, I believe that someone else could be give some lights about what the hell is going on ?? This probably is the major disvantage of Xilinx regarding the other ones.

So, Please every information will be most welcome !! Feel free to let me know about something

Hugs

Marco Hidalgo Brazil

Please, send a reply to : snipped-for-privacy@ita.br

matadouros.home

"Hugs"? The engineering culture must be somewhat different down there in Brasil. -Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Neilson

Maybe you could get better results from a different cable driver setup. Look back at the thread started Feb 24th "Xilinx Platform cable USB and impact on linux without windrvr" found here:

John_H

Hmmm, I notice Amma has been to Brazil...

Coincidence? I think not! :-) Syms. xx

Reply to
Symon