query about the acessing of memory mapped registers in real mode

Hi All

I am using ELAN SC520 microcontroller(X86 architecture).

1)Can any one tell me the acessing options of the memory mapped peripherals in the real mode.how should we acess the registers and programm them. what are the basic instructions or procedure we should follow to program such peripherals.if any one has done it before please give me the explanation.

2)After programming the peripheral in Real mode, how can we change our mode to protected mode.what are all the registers we should modify and what is the basic procedure please explain.

thanking you all in advance, with regards Mohd sulaiman

Reply to
Sulaiman mohd

You should be able to find documentation on going from Real to Protected Mode on the Web or in books. I'm sure Intel's website has documents that explain this.

Reply to
Gary Kato