How to get eps file from XST RTL viewer for LATEX

Guru's

I want to take the RTL schematic generated by XST to LATEX doc. Basically I need an .eps file.

When I tried to copy the RTL schematic from XST and paste to MAYURA DRAW or TPX program, nothing gets copied. Can some kind soul helps in getting .eps file for latex.

Thanks in advance Sant

Reply to
santhosh_h_98

santhosh_h snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com skrev:

alt-printscreen and then paste in a drawing program should work but this is probably better:

any postscript printer driver should work

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Thanks for the answer. This works but this has a big problem. Even if I have 2 AND gates in a design, when I export this as .eps file, using the method you mentioned, and insert in LATEX it takes one complete page.

How can I copy just the part of the drawing as an .eps file ???

Please help. Sant

Reply to
santhosh_h_98

in ghostview you can export parts of a ps/eps file as an eps file, I'd guess you already have ghostview since you use latex

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

It's been a while since I used eps, but I seem to remember, you can insert a line at the header of the ps file with a bounding box in it, and then remove the %showpage from the bottom of the file (assuming its there).

Something like

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0 %%BoundingBox: 50 50 410 302 %%EndComments

The dimensions in the box size statement are in 1/72ths of an inch.

Hope this helps.

Phil

santhosh_h snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Phil James-Roxby

I've used this following path to get an .eps file.

[print rtl] -> .ps -> [ps2ai] -> .ai -> [import in Mayura Draw] -> [edit and export] -> .eps

Information of ps2ai is available on

Another way:

.ps -> [ps2pdf] -> .pdf -> [Adobe reader to print view] -> .ps/.prn ->

[pstoeps] -> .eps

Adobe PDF reader has a print mode that you can use to print only what are viewing on the screen. You can google for tools like pstoeps and ps2pdf.

Reply to
shuaibah