How do I get Xilinx EDK to load a 'custom' XBD file?

When starting an EDK project, there is an option to download XBD files from the board vendor.

After you have downloaded it (or written one), how do you get the EDK to use it?

I've tried adding it to the 'board' directory(even though the documentation explicitly says that it in named boards), and I have searched in vain for the command to change the library search path...

Thanks & regards, G.

Reply to
ghelbig

Update:

I have found the method to change the library search path. This appears to be broken (EDK-9.1.2).

I found the Xilinx forum. There are a number of people asking similar questions, but no answers are posted.

This should be real easy. It's very frustrating that it's not working, and the documentation for how to use it assumes that you already know how.

G.

Reply to
ghelbig

G.,

Sounds like you have already referred to the Xilinx documentation. Just to be sure, the best source is the Platform Studio Reference Manual. Check out Chapter 9, XBD Load Path.

Avnet also provides some supplemental documentation related to the Avnet XBD files, which includes some screenshots for added clarity. Goto

Inside the 9.1 archive is a document called Avnet_BSB_Tutorial_060710.pdf. It's a little old, but I think still relevant.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan