Help on TRB_DC2 Camera module interface

I am tring to design a video acquisition system. I am usimg the DE1 borad and the compactable TRB_DC2 camera module with it.

. The problem i am facing is on the data sheet 20 pins are assigned to each sensor. i am a newibe to vlsi design. i am unable to distinguish the usage of al the pins. only understood a few. can anyone help me out by tellin whats the real functionalities of those pins

i am attaching the pin descriptions with this post

Pin Numbers Name Direction Description

1 DATA1[0] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 0 2 DATA1[1] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 1 3 DATA1[4] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 4 4 DATA1[3] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 3 5 DATA1[5] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 5 6 DATA1[2] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 2 7 DATA1[6] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 6 8 DATA1[7] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 7 9 DATA1[8] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 8 10 DATA1[9] Output Sensor 1 Data Bit 9 11 NC N/A Not Connect 12 GND N/A Ground 13 PIXCLK1 Output Sensor 1 Pixel Clock 14 MCLK1 Input Sensor 1 Master Clock 15 LVAL1 Output Sensor 1 Line Valid 16 FVAL1 Output Sensor 1 Frame Valid 17 SCLK1 input Sensor 1 I2C Clock 18 SDATA1 I/O Sensor 1 I2C Data 19 N/C N/A Not Connect 20 N/C N/A Not Connect
Reply to
sriman

[...]

=50).

Parallel port. You get the sampled pixels (or color components) here. Usually pumped by the rising edge of the pixel clock.

Let me think.... :)

Pixel clock (time to read data)

The heart of the sensor. You provide this signal. No MCLK, no life.

Generally, triggers the start and the end of a sampled row When asserted, data at the parallel port is valid in sync with the pixel clock.

Generally, triggers the start and the end of a whole frame

Use them to control the sensor settings by writing to (and reading from) the internal sensor registers.

Reply to
devices

design a video acquisition system. I am usimg the DE1

what should me clk signal. can i use the same clock which i am using for the board.

Reply to
sriman

tring to design a video acquisition system. I am usimg the DE1

I don't have that board so i cannot tell you much. The board has three clocks, but i don't know either if you can use them as independent clock sources or if there is any other constraint in their usage. I actually remember that the DE1 board comes with sample code and it's likely that there's a camera reference design. You might start by taking a look.

Reply to
devices