using PonyProg to program Atmel Tiny12

Hi,

I am trying to use PonyProg and the AVR ISP (STK200/300) parallel port interface to program an Atmel Tiny12 chip. However, I wouldn't be able to program it and I got a 'Write error (-21)' error message from PonyProg. I look at the SCK, MOSI, MISO, and RESET pins and they all have signals. Does anyone have this problem before?

By selecting AT90S2313, the same setup will program an Atmel AT90S2313 chip.

Thanks, feilip

Reply to
feilip

Does the chip have a clock source? If this is a fresh factory chip, it will. If it has been used before, it may be configured for an external clock mode, which requires that you supply a clock signal.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Hi,

I use internal clock (default).

My connection is as follow:

pin on parallel port || ATiny12 pin

6 || 7 (Sck) 7 || 5 (MOSI) 9 || 1 (RESET) 10 || 6 (MISO)

I didn't connect the XTAL1 and XTAL2 pins since the fuse bit of the ATiny12 chip is set to use the Interal clock (default). I also have a

10k resistor connected between VDD and reset.

The strange thing is that I can read and erease the chip but not write on it.

Many thanks. feilip

Reply to
feilip

If you can, slow the data write rate. This has proved a successful fix several times with other Atmel avr's.

Hul

feilip wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus