Good software to experiment with VHDL

Hi, I would like to experiment with VHDL code, I was wondering if there is any good free tools (dont care about limits) that I could use?

Thanks

Reply to
x86asm

If you have a no problems with large file downloads, then I suggest you the ModelSim simulator. There is a special Xilinx edition which comes together with ISE WebPack for free. I think it's a good start.

You can download it at the Xilinx website (free registration required):

HTH & HAND, Steff

Reply to
Stefan Frank

Consider sonata for linux or windows. The free version will do what you need and the gui is very easy to use for a beginner.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler