FREE Spartan 3e Sample Pack

There is no free lunch but there is FREE Spartan3E board this Christmas!

As it doesnt look that an announcement from Xilinx comes (today) I summarize what info is available:

Avnet and NuHorizon have the the boards (I assume ready to ship from stock). Nu website says CALL, but Avnet website confirms that the board is really FREE OF CHARGE. From Avnet the offer is only valid for North America.

Board schematic, user manual and one reference design can be downloaded from digilent

my review and commentars is there

(free access no registration required to read)

a short intro about the standalone programming utility is there

the release date may delay a bit as I may have destroyed my board partially so I am having trouble verifying the flash programming algorithm.

SPECIAL OFFER for everyone who registers at

in 2005 this utility (and its upgrades) is also FREE OF CHARGE.

I wish a merry christmas, and hope many of you will have fun with the Spartan3E :)

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats