FFT help

Hi. I have to write FPGA sintezible VHDL code for FFT and IFFT (for 128 points (can be generic too)). Can Anybody help me, please. Any kind of help would help me. Thanks people

Reply to
Jaksa

Andrew FPGA

Which tools and which FPGAs does your school use?

Reply to
John_H

I am using Altera Quartus II software. Why?

Reply to
Jaksa

We also need to know the name of your school.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Knowing it's Altera helps but you haven't mentioned the target FPGA. If your professor lets you target any device, the latest FPGAs should have multiplier/accumulators built-in. The slightly older FPGAs have multiplers in silicon but no integrated MACs. If your lab is only outfitted with old technology, you could even be stuck without multipliers making the job significantly more difficult.

Luckily I don't know enough about the nuances of the Altera architectures to help you out.

Reply to
John_H

Why should we do your homework? Your professor most probably gave you this case to study the best architecture to implement the FFT and IFFT algorithm. So in your case (with Quartus) you can go for Stratix, Cyclone or Max2. Up to you to decide which is best.

I assume however how FFT algorithms are working. If not, try google.

In the assumption that it's not a homework, then you better by a FFT IP core that targets your chosen FPGA and EDA tools.

Regards,

Luc

Reply to
lb.edc

hi you can get FFT/IFFT vhdl code from Opencore.org

It works fine for me

Reply to
bijoy