Fast multiplication with Nios and C (Altera Stratix)

Hi,

I'm implementing routines in C which extensively use 16-bit multiplication. My Nios core is configured to support the MUL instruction which exploits the Stratix DSP-blocks . All my multiplications are resolved by the compiler to call __mulhi3 to use the MUL instruction. But this involves some calling overhead. I want to get rid of this overhead and directly use the MUL in my code without issuing a subroutine call (inlining). Does anybody know how to configure the system to get inlined multiplications?

Thank you. Joe

Reply to
Joe