embedded tips

Hi all,

I've been targeting the general logic of Virtex-2s and Virtex-4s for years now, but I'd like to start getting into embedded stuff... specifically programming the embedded Power PCs or the Microblaze. Also, I haven't used C in a really long time. Other than getting a Embedded Development Board from xilinx, does anyone have any tips to help me learn. Any recommended training courses? Books? Websites? Anything at all....

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ed.agunos

Austin

Reply to
austin

I think you can learn to be familiar with the bus protocols: ATA/SATA, USB, Network Interface. You can choose one topic to do some experiments. For example, you can add a USB2.0 controller to your embedded system and you write a simple driver for it. I think you can learn much from that.

Reply to
IDDLife

You can read my blog:

Sven