EDK, reset module, interrupts

Hello,

assembling an EDK 3.2.2 design I encountered some difficulties:

  1. The peripheral reset signals of the Processor System Reset Module are not assigned properly. I declared a peripheral reset port of width 3 in the MPD file: C_NUM_PERP_RST = 3 and assigned the modules reset signals to the port in the MHS file PORT Peripheral_Reset = module1_reset & module2_reset & module3_reset

The auto-generated system.vhd file contains the lines: peripheral_reset_vec(0 TO 0)

Reply to
Christian Haase

Hi Christian,

yes I solved it. What you have to do is making a dummy driver. At this moment, I guess, your opb device is using a generic driver. In the mss file you have the following line for your opb device:

PARAMETER DRIVER_NAME = generic

The generic driver doesn't have a "INT_HANDLER" parameter. So you can't use this parameter in your mss file. To use the "INT_HANDLER" parameter (in order to assign your interrupt handler) you have to make a dummy driver. This driver only exists of a mdd and tcl file. You can see examples of them in your install directory of the EDK.

Frank

Reply to
Frank

This is a bug and it's fixed in EDK.6.2. To work-around your issue you can insert IP pcore. That takes the bus as input and splits it into individual bits as outputs.

Reply to
Paulo Dutra

Hello Frank and Paulo,

thanks for your replies. Your suggestions make my design run.

Christian

Reply to
Christian Haase