EDK remote TCP debug

Hi, I'm trying to debug an application. I downloaded the .elf file to the board, and then started XMD. I followed the instruction in the EDK reference, and typed the following commands: powerpc-eabi-gdb -nw executable.elf target remote localhost:1234

Then I got the following messages: Remote debugging using localhost:1234 Ignoring packet error, continuing... Ignoring packet error, continuing... Ignoring packet error, continuing... Couldn't establish connection to remote targe Malformed response to offset query, timeout

I've tried to put both the host computer and target on the same server, or connected them together locally. I also made sure the firewall is turned off. Am I missing something here? Thanks plenty!

-Eric

Reply to
Eric

How is the machine on which you started XMD connected to the target? Is it via JTAG? Did you then type "connect ppc hw" to attach to the processor before starting the debugger?

Cheers,

-Ben-

Reply to
Ben Jones

Hi Ben,

Just start xmd as you would for debugging on the local machine. Then, on another machine, start the edk frontend for gdb and give it the ip address and port of xmd on the first machine.

-Greg

Reply to
edvenson