EDK 6.3i "Entry Point Not Found" error

Hello,

I installed EDK 6.3 on a Win XP Pro machine (after un-installing 6.2.2). When I attempt to execute any of the executables in bin/nt, like xps.exe, xmd.exe, etc, Windows reports: "The procedure entry point fc_auth_data could not be located in the dynamic link library libSecurity.dll".

How do I fix this error? ISE 6.3 (SP1) has already been installed and functions correctly. The dll file, libSecurity.dll, is located in the bin directory in the ISE installation.

Thank you,

NN

Reply to
Nju Njoroge

Do you have SP2 for Wxp installed? Did you uninstalled everything xilinx 6.2 and edk 6.2 with all service packs?

Reply to
Andi

and edk 6.2 with all service packs?

No, I don't have SP2 installed (I heard it had some issues, so I didn't instal it). To my knowledge, I uninstalled all previous versions of EDK and ISE. I actually installed ISE 6.3 before EDK 6.3 because we received it first. ISE 6.3 works, before and after EDK 6.3i installation. I also installed the new ISE SP and the updates for EDK

6.3.
Reply to
Nju Njoroge

and edk 6.2 with all service packs?

I got it to finally work. I had to un-install both ISE and EDK 6.3. After the un-installations, I re-installed EDK 6.3 and then ISE 6.3. This somehow fixed the "entry point" issue.

Reply to
Nju Njoroge
040302080809070309000207 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This would happen if you have different EDK and ISE versions installed on the same machine. Make sure the $PATH environment variable points to same (compatible) version of EDK and ISE

Nju Njoroge wrote:

and edk 6.2 with all service packs?

Reply to
Amit Kasat