Dev Kit Shipping Costs

hi

Ouch, the fedex costs, must be a gold plated envelope from altera. But having said that I should have a MAX II development kit soon to do

development.

Should be more informative on the order page of the shipping costs.

jacko

There is a hugh variation between companies shipping things from US. On similar services(FEDEX, UPS DHL) we see shipping charged between zero and =A350 on what are fairly lightweight (1-3Kg) component shipments. There is definately an element of profit from some vendors that we use given the discount rates they are likely to have. We ourselves charge =A320 for shipment of a 0.5Kg, lowish value board, in a box to the US but that charge only just covers carriage and packing material costs. Higher value shipments do add to the FEDEX charges.

I wil say if the item is heavy then FEDEX can get expensive for say the

2-5Kg+ area and Altera may be simply charging real costs.

John Adair Enterpo> hi

Reply to
John Adair