custom ip using EDK

Hi,

I designed a simple adder using the add/import peripheral feature in EDK. I removed the sum register in the write process, and add a my_adder process to calculate the sum. Every time I run the test (a sample software application), I get a 0 as the sum. I got both reg0 and reg1 correct, but not the sum. Anyone has an idea what I've done wrong? I can't figure if it's the code issue, or I am supposed to change some setting in EDK. Thanks.

part of my application code:

MY_ADDER_mWriteReg(XPAR_MY_ADDER_0_BASEADDR, 0, 10); MY_ADDER_mWriteReg(XPAR_MY_ADDER_0_BASEADDR, 0x4, 7);

a = MY_ADDER_mReadReg(XPAR_MY_ADDER_0_BASEADDR, 0); b = MY_ADDER_mReadReg(XPAR_MY_ADDER_0_BASEADDR, 0x4); for(i=0; i slv_reg0 slv_reg1 null; end case; end if; end if;

end process SLAVE_REG_WRITE_PROC;

-- implement slave model register read mux SLAVE_REG_READ_PROC : process( slv_reg_read_select, slv_reg0, slv_reg1, slv_reg2 ) is begin

case slv_reg_read_select is when "100" => slv_ip2bus_data slv_ip2bus_data slv_ip2bus_data slv_ip2bus_data '0'); end case;

end process SLAVE_REG_READ_PROC;

Reply to
Eric

I would test if address 0x8 triggers slv_reg_read_select

Reply to
Zara

The conversion from address to select is not given here...

Do these addresses actually correspond to these read selects?

You may have to simulate the design to find out.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

Hi, Read/Write processes are generated by Xilinx EDK when I used create/import peripheral wizard. I only modified the write process, and wrote an adding function. Sorry I removed the comments when I posted the code. But here it is:

-- Bus2IP_WrCE or Memory Mapped -- Bus2IP_RdCE Register -- "1000" C_BASEADDR + 0x0 -- "0100" C_BASEADDR + 0x4 -- "0010" C_BASEADDR + 0x8 -- "0001" C_BASEADDR + 0xC

slv_reg_write_select

Reply to
Eric

Reply to