Coverting .mcs file to .bit file

Hello,

Is there any way of converting an .mcs file into a bit file....in Xilinx FPGAs

Regards,

- Shailesh

Reply to
Shai

I've seen people use an mcs2hex utility then a hax2bin. The Xilinx tools *can* natively produce a .bin file which is the way I've been doing things since I discovered the option.

Reply to
John_H

Ummmm, PROMgen?

Ummm, the last step in the ISE GUI? Look under "Generate Programming File." The second option is "Generate PROM, ACE or JTAG file."

=a

Reply to
Andy Peters

If you have a board with PROM and FPGA then program the mcs file into the PROM, cycle the power to the board to load the FPGA, and then read the design out of the FPGA using Impact and save the result as your bit file.

James.

Reply to
James Morrison