Connecting TigerSharc TS201 EzKIT to PCI with Spartan 3

Hello.

I want to control an ADSP-TS201S EZ-KIT Lite from a PC by connecting it to an Avnet evaluation kit which contains a Spartan 3 on a PCI form factor through one of the EZ-KIT link ports pairs. My application data throughput is not very demanding so it=B4s my understanding I can program the SPD bits to divide the 500MHz CCLK by 4 giving me a transfer clock of 125MHz (transfer rate of 250Mbps) wich is much higher than I need (I wish I could reduce it even more - 100 or even 50MBps would do just fine). So my first question is if Spartan 3 (-4 grade to stay in the worst case) would allow such a rate reliably. May I clock the receiving side at a lower rate then the trasmitter?

I also would like to know if somebody could indicate resources other than Xilinx=B4s xapp634/xapp635, including commercial cores. Google hasn=B4t been of much help unfortunately. I am also considering other ways (Bittware=B4s ASIC, AMCC=B4s Matchmaker etc.) to do the final design but the scheme above seems to be the simplest that would allow me to develop with TS before I have a workable prototype (I may be missing something though and would appreciate your inputs.) If it works fine I may even use it in the final design as it=B4s going to have a FPGA (much likely a Spartan 3) anyway.

Thank you very much in advance for your insights.

Elder.

Reply to
Elder Costa

katherine