"clean" or "unprotected" versions of AHDL2X, SYNTHX from Xilinx (ABL2XNF sub tools)

i am attempting to migrate my design environment for a legacy design based on older xilinx parts from win98 to XP. it's a key problem that would be resolved by getting non-hardware locked versions of these programs. if you have these, please forward them to me with the above subject line. if someone at xilinx can make them for me, the details are below.

the details: currently, the compiling is done using a DOS based design flow in XNF format. the AHDL sections of the design are performed by ABL2XNF (v5.2.1), but this tool does not work under XP. it simply exits. this may be unrelated to the key problem, but it appears to be an unnecessary design flow gizmo - i ran the sub-tools directly under win98 and the finished result is identical.

the ABL2XNF "sub-tools" are: AHDL2X, BLIFOPTX, SYNTHX, and IMPROVEX. AHDL2X and SYNTHX both fail in XP because the hardware key can not be read (though it is present). the other two programs are not locked. xilinx doc# 902 indicates the key needs a "rainport" driver for NT. this driver does not appear to work, but configuration information is not available, rainbow refuses requests for support indicating that the programs need to be re-linked with their new libraries (which are free) and then i will need their current drivers.

xilinx tech support says "xilinx does not have the resources..." to support me on this. the real deal is that they don't know who to ask in development. it's probably a 10 minute job if the make-files exist. any xilinx coders out there care to help?

it seems odd that these are the only two programs remain hardware locked when all of the programs which had previously been locked have been unlocked in newer versions.

has anyone previously faced this problem and found a functional work-around?

many thanks, bill

Reply to
Bill Smith