Chrontel 7010A

Does anybody have experience with Chrontel 7010A (CH7010A)?

I input BT.656 digital video to Chrontel 7010A. I'm trying to get DVI output. For now, my only concern is the DVI mode of operation (not TV mode). Therefore; there is not a crystal connected to it. I intend to use it in slave clock mode. I set serial programming registers of CH7010A once without a proper order. Do I have to write them in a sequence? My input is BT.656 video from a video decoder with 27 MHz clock. First, I tried interlaced output of the video decoder as input to the CH7010A. (In this mode 27 MHz clock is 2xpixel rate) Then, I generated progressive PAL video syncs in the FPGA and input it to CH7010A. Neither one of them didn't work although I tried many register setting combinations.

I could only get DVI output a couple of times. It was not a valid DVI output. After power down, even that invalid DVI output did not show with the same register settings.

CH7010A seems as if it is in power down although it has all the supply voltages, slave clock, and proper "Power Down Register" setting. I verified that I can write to its registers except the GPIO control register 1EH. I am trying to set its GPIOs as outputs giving high. High nibble of 1EH must be set as "0011" for this setting. But I read this nibble as "0000".

Reply to
Cagatay Kalelioglu

In order to clarify the problem:

- LCD monitor did not display the invalid DVI output.

- Invalid DVI output, which I could only get a couple of times, disappears after a cold restart.

- Slave clock setup and hold times are OK.

Reply to
Cagatay Kalelioglu