cheapest CPLD

Hi all Does anyone know what is the cheapest 3.3V CPLD available? My desing uses 31 macrocells, and 33 I/O. Currently using Xilinx XC9536XL available for around US$0.70 a piece (for 100k quantities). The design is pretty slow GCK~2MHz. I need 100k+ quantities. Thanks ZK

Reply to
governer

You definitely should be asking distribution on this, not a newsgroup. Distribution will work hard to get you good quotes and will compete against their competitors. But I will say that $0.70 is a pretty good price. Also, most CPLDs are in multiples of 16, so you may have to bump up to a 48 or 64 macrocell device which might not be competitive.

I believe Lattice (or was it Actel) has some new parts coming out that are very price competitive, but they may all be larger than you want. Like I said, $0.70 might be hard to beat.

Reply to
rickman

Look also at the Lattice ispMACH4032, and the Atmel ATF1502ASV, and maybe Coolrunner but the pure 3.3V may be a problem...

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

appreciate.

the 70 cents quote was from a Xilinx distributor in taiwan. it took me quite some effort to get this quote. So was wondering if someone has already done this research, that would save me tons of time.

thanks again

Reply to
governer