can't trap custom ITon NIOS

Hello,

I use quartus II 4.00 and SOPC builder 4.00 to build a NIOS system on a Stratix II board. I enabled the support for external interruptions, add a user defined IP connected via the provided avalon ahb bridge. Everything is ok. Then I try to use the interruption of the bridge, everything on the wire is ok until the data_master_irq gets high. The iq number is ok, NIOS makes a couple of instructions more and then stops on a strange adress (totallly out of the memory map). but it doesn't fetch the ISR code indeed. The soft uses nr-installusr and is exactly the same as the examples provided.

I tried whithout any soft isr and initialisation to see if i get the famous message ... but nothing.

How can I be sure of what is done by the compiler, is there any restriction that I don't respect ? thanks for all your help and experience about those interrupts on NIOS systems.

Sincerely

Julien Chevalier

Reply to
Julien Chevalier

Try this. Go back to SOPC Builder and reset all of your addresses, IRQ's, and reset and vector table, etc. addresses - even if they haven't changed.

Then rebuild your system.

One thing that I do is put my vector table in its own small on-chip ram to protect it and make sure interrupts are as fast as possible.

You might want to check out

to share Nios info.

Ken

indeed.

Reply to
Kenneth Land

I've seen the Avalon interrupt controller act up if the interrupt signal isn't synchronized by at least 1 FF in the NIOS's clock domain. It generates a random-ish interrupt number that seems to be +1.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra