can someone recommend a board?

Hi all,
After some hardware problems with our protoype I have been advised to
use a board. But I cannot find one with all the features.
1) VGA in and out ports
2) SDR SDRAM.
I have looked at digilentinc and xess but these people dont have any
that fits all requirements. I have the XUP V2P board with the video
capture card and 256MB DDR SDRAM. How difficult will it be for me to
use the DDR SDRAM. Can I try to use the DDR SDRAM as an SDR SDRAM?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Subhasri.K

Re: can someone recommend a board?

1 SDR and DDR memories require different controller ip-cores
2 there is no FPGA board with VGA input, its quite complicated, there
are 3 companies producing VGA digitizer, 2 of them dont sell in less
30,000 pcs/year customers. So the only one chip available is averlogic
AL875 that requires extra PLL to work.
3 VGA out is simple

Antti

Re: can someone recommend a board?
Have a look at the ADV7202 that we support as an add-on for our boards.
I think that can be used to do the VGA input digitising and the
opposite on the way out.

I think we can do something on the SDR too but I will have to check
release dates for that one.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.

Re: can someone recommend a board?

John,

ADV7202 supports  NTSC/PAL/SECAM input, not VGA input,
there are very chips that do VGA input they are moslty used
in LCD monitors

Antti

Re: can someone recommend a board?
But you can digitise it.

Re: can someone recommend a board?

NOPS, ASFAIK
you cant use ADV7202 to digitize VGA input signals
I have studied the subject.

the only obtainable chip that can digitize VGA inputs is AL875 from
averlogic, and it requires external genlock chip, the datasheet says it
has internal PLL but that doesnt work actually

Antti

Re: can someone recommend a board?
what about using dvi input or output straightway? are there peripheral
boards that can support this with a decoder like TI TFP 401A?

Re: can someone recommend a board?

surprise surprise - DVI input is simpler than VGA input!

there are some boards with DVI input available but not very cheap
Hitech tech global has some listed for sure

Antti

Site Timeline