Altera programming

We need to program Altera PLDs on the end of a production line.

Using the full IDE involves re-registering the stuff every 3 months, which is impossibly awkward at the factory.

Does anyone know if there is a simpler program-only utility which doesn't require continuous re-licensing?

TVM

David

Reply to
David Collier

David Collier wrote: : We need to program Altera PLDs on the end of a production line.

: Using the full IDE involves re-registering the stuff every 3 months, which : is impossibly awkward at the factory.

: Does anyone know if there is a simpler program-only utility which doesn't : require continuous re-licensing?

If you only need to programm the parts, not to sythensize, place and route them, then look for jamplayer. Other jtag tools should work too, if your parts are JTAG.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

JAM Player. Just generate JAM files use them with command line JAM/STAPL Player (it is available free and includes source codes).

antti altera.openchip.org :)

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi David,

You can use the standalone programmer available from

This does not require a license, and has a much smaller footprint.

- Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta