altera new bee

Hi, I'd like to learn programming a micro chip. I've heard the Altera is popular. Which one should I specifically deal with, and how do I build a burner (programming it) for it? (I need a circuit diagram)

Thanks

Reply to
zoharl3

You can choose any one you like, but you have to think about whether you are going to get a devleopment board or make your own. Go to

and see what suits you. Cyclone is a good series to start with, as they are relatively cheap, and you can prototype boards yourself if you wish. Just do a google search for cyclone schematics, and you will come up with quit ea bit. My web page also has schematics for my dev. board, so you can maybe get some helpful info from there

jai.dhar

Xilinx is number one. Might as well start using the dominant number one company.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
altera_smells

Looks like seann stifler is back. What a tragedy. With a new name and a IP address, and old attitude.

Philip Freidin

=================== Philip Freidin snipped-for-privacy@fpga-faq.org Host for

Philip Freidin

If you ignore him then he will go away like a bad smell

Sim> >Xilinx is number one. Might as well start using the dominant number one

Reply to
Simon Peacock