Use caution with UPS

Hi all, A few weeks ago I picked up a Tek 465. When I recieved it the wonderfull people in BROWN (UPS) had dropped it on it's less then 300 mile journey to me. The CRT was broken as well as the outer frame of the front and back pannel had corners broken out of them. I filed a claim with them, now they refuse to provide me with any information on it. They will only provide info to the party whom I got it from. Is this !#^*/?& stupid or what!!!! So the moral of the story is,,,, if you must ship UPS,,, pack it good because if they break it your screwed.

In search of a new shipper, Shanda

Reply to
Shanda

Yes, stupid. However, it's their policy. The person shipping (and if you go through a store offering shipping, it's them, not you) is the one to whom the damages are reported, and the claims made. You never got it, in a sense, so it's still his.....

Hope that it was insured, because I have no idea how much it would cost to fix.

Harvey

Agreed... very much.

Gotten very good results from fedx... more expensive, but very good results.

Reply to
Harvey White

Basic insurance is $100 ("default" mode)...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Reply to
Grant Erwin

The contract is between the carrier and the shipper.

Standard throughout the industry, throughout the world.

--
Then there's duct tape ...
              (Garrison Keillor)