Tektronix 7L12 mixer repair

Hello,

Someone sells a 7L12, would be nice to have in the lab because it doesn't occupy added space (there is a big Tek 7000 anyhow). Problem: Low sensitivity which most likely means the mixer is fried. Since there are no schematics or anything on the web: Is it easy to replace the diodes in that first mixer or is this going to be a real pain in the neck?

AFAIR it's one of those 119-0673-00 hybrid but not sure. Heck. it's been a long time since I've seen one.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

AFAIR it's similar to the 7L13 mixer/7L14 mixer. Is there anything helpful at bama manuals site?

Diodes can be replaced, I would nat say it is too hard to do. At least in the dozen repairs I did by myself. Well, YMMV.

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekamn

Unfortunately nada, same on bitsavers :-(

Changing diodes would be fine. I've heard its an encapsulated hybrid but it seems it ain't then.