Tektronix 475 scope

Hi!

I just have to keep nagging about the scope. Now I found out that two double transistors (Q914 and Q938) are badly overheating - they are actually too hot to touch (around 50C). The strange thing is that all the voltages around them are as specified in the schematic diagram. I am beginning to wonder if the temperature is normal (quite a strange thing since there are no heat sinks mounted on them). Any reply would be very appreciated!

Thank you!

Andrekj Nussdorfer

Reply to
Andrej Nussdorfer

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Andrej Nussdorfer) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

First,don't trust the voltages on the schematics. Second,that hot temp is not normal.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Did you mean to say "not abnormal"

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

Boris Mohar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The parts should not be that hot.Something's wrong. Got a link to a 475 sweep schematic?

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
jyanik-at-kua.net

Hi!

Actually I do have a link! The schematic is

Unfortunately the schematic was quite badly scanned (low res) and is a pain to read (specially the part values and designators).

Thank you again!

Andrej Nussdorfer

Reply to
Andrej Nussdorfer

two

all

would

Download the full manual from

Be patient because that site has a limit of 10 simultaneous FTP connections, and there are lots of people trying to download from it. Best chance to get a connection is to hit it very late at night or very early in the morning.

--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Tweetldee