Re: What's On Your Bench?

Add to that, current projects!

I have roughly the bare minimum... Wavetek 193 20MHz function generator Tektronix 475 oscilloscope (aging a bit..) An Eico 377 signal generator I never use, I just like it for the nostalgia Heathkit (I didn't build it) V-7A VTVM.

A few small cabinets/trays of parts, and a +/-15 2A bench supply. At the moment, I also have two car batteries in the room, for messing with these beefy servo motors.

The circuit:
Desperately needs current limiting on the MOSFET ala UC3844 type circuit.

On the right, the induction heater project stagnates. Actually, I was going to add per-cycle current limiting today...

And, hairy me in front of the bench...

Tim

I have always liked seeing and learned from what others have for a > test bench. > > So what is on yours? > > Equipment, tools, lighting, storage...what? > > Links to pictures would be great. > > Thanks > > TMT >
Reply to
Tim Williams

I love it. Well done.

Reply to
Dan Bloomquist

Only state of the art test equipment in my workshop:

Note the latest in o'scopes and computing technology as well:

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

nice museum... :) except the scopemeter !

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to

Marconi 1370 AF generator 10Hz-10 MHz Marconi HF 2115+2171 Generator 10 MHz - 512 MHz + synchronizer MiniVNA network analyzer HP141 HP432 Trio dual channel scope (35 MHz) Philips 10 Hz 10MHz pulse generator Frequency counter from kit to 1 GHz Homebrew powersupply 3-30V 3A with adjustable current limit (723 based) Homebrew powersupply -12 -5 +5 +12 1A

3 Digital multimeters 2 Analog multimeters Atlas transistor tester AADE L-C meter (replacement for homebuilt LCR bridge) Weller soldering iron 4x Magnifying lamp 10x stereo microscope (ideal if you are 50+ and doing SMD work ;-) Tweezers Kocher clamps Chinese clones of dental hooks Small Dremel drill The usual set of screwdrivers and pliers

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

Tim, I looked at the web page, but need a little background. I'm curious... what in the heck are you using that induction heater for? You doin' home-based bronze sculpture casting? Why the inverter?

Thanks, Sparky

Reply to
SparkyGuy

Check out the rest of my website (see sig).

Eventually, I want to melt about 10 pounds of steel. At the moment, I've melted an ounce or two of copper and done a few alkali fusions (producing sodium manganate and chromate).

The inverter is required to run this power level. I figure about 10kHz for

10kW.

Tim

curious...

Reply to