OT: difference between scooter and cordless drill motors?

Electric powered scooters have motors like this.

What's the difference between that and modern cordless drill motor?

Size and weight? Obviously cordless drill motors are smaller/lighter. Is that due to higher quality and miniaturization? Or do scooter motors have to be big/heavy?

Power and efficiency?

I'm wondering why a scooter motor has a DC motor controller with a big aluminum heatsink. What sort of motor controller does a modern cordless drill include? Why doesn't it require the same?

Apparently cordless drill motors are powerful, at least the way they are geared. Scooter motors use a belt/chain.

As far as I can tell, given the revolutions per minute, the speed using either motor would be about the same (the scooter motor as assembled and the cordless drill motor driving a wheel directly from the chuck).

What about back pressure on the drill motor? Usually that doesn't happen like with a scooter motor.

I don't necessarily need all that answered, any comments or insights are welcome.

Thank you.

Reply to
John Doe