Oscilloscope help needed..!

Dear Group,

I have just purchased an Hitachi V-1100A Oscilloscope and Tektronix modular power supply / freq gen ... etc

There are picture at

Scope =

Question Does anyone know what the grey boxed type probe at the front / bottom right of the above picture is or does?

TIA Steve

Reply to
SRG

It would help if it were not glommed together with cables, probe tips, etc.

I'll take a wild stab and guess that it's the scope end of an old 10x probe.

Reply to
Michael

That looks an awful lot like the O-scope end of a Tektronix probe, probably a 10X. The box part probably contains a compensation network and adjusting trimmer.

It should work with your Hitachi, but be sure to set the probe's compensation trimmer according to the scope's manual.

FWIW: I've never been keen on anyone but Tektronix for O-scopes. Had I been shopping around, I would have made my bench 'all blue' as it were.

Happy tweaking.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

modular

Grrrr!. So that's where it went to. :) Had wound myself up to buy that scope. Hoped the "faulty" tag may have deterred 'casual' bidders. Steeled myself to bid upto a massive £75! but found I was totally outclassed as the £150+ bids came in in the last few seconds. Never mind. Maybe another will turn up. regards john

Reply to
john jardine