optical isolation

Hi all, anyone knows if it's possible to isolate (in optical way) a single wire or a couple of wires? It should be something that I can put on my PCB and on one side there is the IN-wire (comes from outside), and as output I've a wire that is isolated optically.

Thanks,

Riccardo

Reply to
Riccardo

yes, if your signal has enough power to drive the led of an optocoupler.

Reply to
Jeroen Vriesman

sevral questions: is there electrical power to be transferred or is it only signals? uni- or bidirctional? if its unidirectional signals and the frequency is not tto high (<

100kHz), you should consider optocouplers, they come in lots of varieties and packages, try googling for IL74 or 4N26, there are duals and quads too (ILD74 and ILQ 74 respectively) the datasheets you find show how they should be connected.

greetings

Frank

Riccardo wrote:

Reply to