NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS ISA AT-GPIB/TNT IEEE-488.2 CARD

What do I need to use this card to control an HP 8568 Spectrum analyzer, other than HPIB cables from my computer and what OS (WIN 3.1, 95,

98) should be used? Drivers? Library? Where do I go for them?
Reply to
James F. Mayer

Go to

for drivers for your card. There are some programming examples on their site as well.

You will probably need the programming manual for the HP 8568 to do anything with it. Go to

for information on the HP 8568.

Aidan Grey

Reply to
Aidan Grey

Does "LabView" support this device? Also, you might want to consider a newer card/device so you're not locked into an obsolete PC. For example, there are Ethernet/GPIB controllers available which would allow you to then control it from any networked PC (but again probably using something like "LabView").

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D.Smith

I have a NI GPIB controller in a PC and it works OK with LV7.1

I will check this week if you can do something with MAX from NI.

KC

Reply to
KC

Yes, you can use MAX to talk to your board and scan for devices and much more...

KC

Reply to
KC

Well, you certainly don't want to use Win 3.1 with it -- you'll never find any applications. According to the table at

, you need the NI 1.7 driver for that card.

The 8568 is supported by the GPIB Toolkit software at the link below, so once you've got the drivers installed, you might give it a try.

-- jm

Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

John Miles